DANCE SAFELY AT VDP!
The health and wellness of our VDP family is of the utmost importance to us, so with that in mind we have been working hard to put measures into place to help insure a safe re-opening of our studio. We have implemented new “Standard” procedures. A few of them include:
- Frequent Hand Washing and Sanitizing
- Enhanced Studio Cleaning Procedures – including wall, floors, props and barres
- New Facility Guidelines – who may enter, where, when
- New Curriculum Option – taking class in the studio or online
- Social Distancing Guidelines – 6’ between dancers at all times
- Gradual Re-Opening Plans – following local and CDC guidelines
- Wellness Checks and Updates for Staff – Temperature checks, wellness inventories
Here is what you need to know when you come to VDP for classes this summer:
- To create a more controlled environment, only dancers who have signed up for class will be the only ones allowed in the facility. Parents of our 2-6 year olds may come in with their dancer or watch class on the live Zoom feed.
- No entry permitted to anyone who is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or has been in contact with someone who is suspected of being diagnosed with Covid-19
- Parents – it is up to you to self-regulate your dancer. Remain home if you or anyone in your family is ill. Notify VDP if you, your child or anyone who has had contact with VDP develops COVID-19. Leave the premises if you are exhibiting symptoms of or signs of being infected with COVID-19.
- Please go to the restroom before coming to class. Restrooms are on an “emergency” as needed basis
- The lobby is closed, except for parents of our youngest dancers and new families. Your teacher will meet you at the door with direct access to your studio, 2 minutes before class start time. Dancers that are late to Studio 2 classes will not be admitted as there will be no one in the lobby to let you in.
- All dancers are encouraged to bring a yoga mat to class with them to EVERY class for them to warm-up and stretch on.
- Dancers will be escorted straight into their studio, wearing masks in and out of the studios. Your teachers will be wearing masks when walking in and out, but not while they are teaching. Dancing with masks will be up to the individual dancer, but know that all dancers will be socially distanced at all times during our classes.
- Dancers will sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting VDP.
Things will surely change as time goes on, but this is our new normal. Thank you for your efforts to keep all of our dancers and staff safe as we jump back into the fun of dance class!
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are so excited to see everyone – whether it be in the studio or online. It will be a great experience!